Blackwell’s clubhouse is simply a converted farmhouse and has remained largely unchanged since John Allsebrook farmed the land in the early 1900’s. It epitomises the tradition and ethos of Blackwell.
In Blackwell’s club house, the treasure is to be found within; good company, good humour, good food and good wine. Our members pride themselves on always extending a warm welcome to visitors.
The main corridor in the Clubhouse captures some of the history of the Club. Photographs on display include Bobby Jones playing at Blackwell the day following his Open Championship triumph at Hoylake in his Grand Slam year of 1930, Walter Hagen and Archie Compston playing an exhibition match in 1929, a 14 year-old Sandy Lyle as Midlands Boys Champion at Blackwell in 1972, and the Club’s own three former Captains of the Royal & Ancient.
Our welcoming lounge area offers a relaxing environment in which to meet and gives the opportunity to enjoy a drink from the bar, one of our speciality freshly ground full-bean coffees or some quality food from our kitchen.
The dining room can accommodate up to 96 guests and is available for both lunch and dinner service. Gentlemen are expected to wear jacket and tie in this room. Ladies may wear smart casual attire.
Larger corporate or society groups can also utilise this room for breakfast and informal lunch on golf days, and by prior arrangement can wear smart casual attire at this time.